Tomatoes are key ingredients in prominent dishes. Though everyone knows about its use for culinary purposes, very few people are aware of its cosmetic benefits. Skin related ailments can be reduced and healed using this sour tasting fruit. In this article we shall see how to use tomato for skin whitening.
Apart from making you look gorgeous, skin guards your body from various irritants. Melanin is a pigment responsible for skin’s color. When you expose your skin to sun rays the production of melanocytes increases resulting in dark complexion. However, complexion turns normal with time.
But, impurities and prolonged exposed to sun rays may leave dark spots at different places. There are many factors causing dark spots over skin, which include pollutants, dehydration, low nutritious diet, genetics, hormonal imbalance, heavy use of cosmetics and lifestyle.
Though there is a huge list of cosmetic creams that claim to lighten dark spots, most of them include chemical ingredients that can trigger allergic reaction. Natural remedies on other side are inexpensive and effective with no or less side-effects.
Using Tomato for Skin Whitening
With this face mask recipe you can turn your home into a temporary spa. Now you don’t need to schedule an appointment for a beauty parlor. This way you’re not just saving time and money, but your skin saved from irritation caused by those artificial preservatives.
- Astringent activity of tomato face mask will shrink large skin pores so that your skin tightens and removes impurities.
- Minor sun burns and itchy skin can be relieved by cooling effect of tomato and yogurt face mask.
- Bleaching property in this fruit will lighten or fade dark spots giving your skin a glowing effect.
- Vitamin A exhibits antioxidant activity by fighting free radicals and also helps to get rid of wrinkles.
- Vitamin C enhances collagen production and tightens the skin texture.
- Excess oil production leads to acne blemishes, regular application of this face mask will help you to get rid of oily skin.
- Lycopene is a compound in tomatoes, which is known to protect your skin from UV rays.
- Mix brown sugar with tomato pulp to exfoliate dead cells and impurities off the skin.
#1. Tomato and lemon juice
Take fresh tomatoes and slice them into small pieces after washing them. Grind it with 1-2 drops of lemon juice, add required amount of distilled water to make thick paste.
Cleanse your face and pat dry with a soft cloth. Now ask your partner to apply the tomato mask evenly all over the face and gently massage in circular motion.
Leave it to dry naturally and then rinse it off. If your skin feels irritated apply any essential oil to hydrate the skin.
#2. Tomato and butter milk
Blend 2 tablespoon of tomato pulp with 4 tablespoons of buttermilk or yogurt. Wash your face with cold water and pat dry. When the skin is still damp, apply the mask evenly and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
#3. Tomato and Avocado
Mix required amount of tomato pulp with avocado pulp and apply it over prewashed face. Leave it dry naturally and then rinse it off.
You can add other natural ingredients to tomato pulp and apply it over the skin. But, make sure that you don’t incorporate allergic substances to the mask.
Lets us know your views on using tomato for skin whitening.