You don’t require any special skills to use egg white for acne. This cheap, yet effective ingredient is prominent for its health and cosmetic purposes.
Topical application of egg white facial can reduce pimples, remove blackheads and also lighten the appearance of acne scars.
Topically apply egg white for acne scars removal. Unlike, beauty products egg white has no serious side-effects.
But, you shouldn’t expect to get rid of acne scars overnight. Nutrients in egg white or any other face mask penetrate deep into the skin and enhance healing.
The excellent thing about this natural remedy is that it is packed with vitamins and minerals, which are essential for healthy functioning of your skin.
Without ado let’s check its nutritional benefits.
Wait, I missed to discuss acne.
It’s a common skin ailment and more than 70 percent people in the world are affected by acne at some point in their life.
Researchers held hormonal imbalance to trigger acne. Due to this excess sebum is produced by your skin glands, which gets piled on your skin.
Dead cells along with this excess oil block skin pores and a swollen bump are created.
Filled with pus, this red blemish is painful and may grow larger in some cases.
Anti-acne creams can reduce the inflammation, but repeated use of these cosmetic products can strip natural moisture from your skin.
This is when natural remedies come into play. They are packed with essential vitamins that needed to treat skin ailments like acne.
Is Egg White Good for Acne?
Due enticing properties like proteins and albumin residing in egg white, Ancient Egyptians, China and the Arabian Peninsula people used it to obtain gorgeous skin.
- Sticky nature of this facial help to remove impurities and excess sebum accumulated on the face.
- Lysozyme, an enzyme housed in egg white is known to thwart acne-causing
- It also exhibits the exfoliating property that helps to get rid of dead cells and dirt piled on the skin.
- Anti-viral ability housed in egg white facial restrain acne bacteria and kills micro-organism.
- Assorted nutrients in egg white shrink large skin pores and make your skin firm.
- The rich concentration of protein in this facial help to build damaged skin tissues.
- B-vitamins loaded in egg white exhibits antioxidant ability that restrains free radicals and promotes cell regeneration.
- Astringent property in egg white helps to get wrinkle free skin.
- As mentioned it reduces large pores and promotes skin tightening, which is great for oily skin people.
- Unwanted facial hair and acne scars can be removed by topical application of this mask.
- Egg white mask pull out excess oil, blackheads and can effectively treat acne.
- Bleaching ability of this facial helps to lighten the appearance of acne scars.
- Benefits of using egg white include reducing puffiness around eyes, shiny hair, lighten dark spots and fade fine lines.
How to Use Egg White for Acne?
To reap all enticing benefits, beauty experts recommend blending natural ingredients in egg white facial.
However, to remove blackheads, just apply egg white and place tissue paper to pull them out.
#1. Tea Tree Oil and Egg White
Tea tree essential oil is loaded with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities that can effectively treat acne. However, its high concentration can irritate your sensitive skin.
- Whisk egg yolk and add 2 drops of tea tree oil to the egg white.
- Mix thoroughly and apply it over the prewashed
- If you’ve acne, then use a brush instead of fingers.
- To open blocked skin pores, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse it off.
- Optionally, apply natural moisturizer before going to bed.
#2. Honey, Egg White, and Lemon Juice
Both lemon and honey are loaded with antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce acne lesions.
Healing property of raw honey fastens the healing process of acne blemishes by promoting cell regeneration.
Bleaching property exhibited by lemon juice can reduce acne scars and other brown spots.
- Beat egg white and add 1 teaspoon of raw honey with few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry using a cloth.
- Evenly apply the face mask using fingers or brush.
- If you’ve dry skin, massage with olive oil before going to bed.
You can blend orange essential oil to above face mask.
#3. Baking Soda and Egg White for Acne Scars
Properties in baking soda help to balance pH level of the skin, which restrains bacterial infection. Dead cells and impurities piled over the skin get exfoliated by baking soda.
But, it may irritate your dry skin. People with dry skin must stay away from baking soda, instead use honey and egg white mask.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda with water and egg white.
- Apply the obtained facial on the prewashed face and allow it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeated use will lighten scars and fasten the healing process.
#4. Egg White for Pimples
Above listed properties of egg white can effectively reduce pimples/acne on your face.
- Initially, wash your acne affected face.
- Pat dry with soft cloth.
- Take 1 egg white in a bowl.
- Apply it on prewashed face using a brush.
- Allow it to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
#5. Green Tea and Egg White
Topical application of green tea will inhibit excess production of sebum. It can lighten the appearance of acne scars. Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities housed in green tea can effectively reduce acne blemishes.
- Prepare 1 cup of green tea and cool down to room temperature.
- Don’t add sugar to it.
- Also, add 1 egg white to the cooled green tea and mix thoroughly.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the obtained face mask on acne affected skin.
#6. Oatmeal, Rice and Egg White
Exfoliating property packed in oatmeal can remove dead cells, excess sebum, and other impurities.
Rice flour is prominent for its skin lightening abilities. Topical application of this face mask can treat acne and reduce the appearance of its scars.
- Take 2 tbsp of finely grounded oatmeal and rice.
- Add 1 egg white to the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add required amount of distilled water if necessary to obtain thick paste-like
- Wash your face and apply the face mask evenly on acne affected skin.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse it off with water.
#7. Olive Oil and Egg White
Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities exhibited by olive oil can effectively treat acne.
Essential fatty acids packed in this oil help to restore damaged skin. Vitamin E residing in olive oil can prevent acne blemishes by maintaining pH of the skin.
- Mix 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil with 1 egg white.
- Stir thoroughly and apply the face pack on the prewashed
- Allow it to dry for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#8. Cucumber and Egg White for Acne
Silica present in cucumber exhibits anti-acne and anti-wrinkle abilities. Calming and healing properties of cucumber fasten the healing of acne.
Topical application of cucumber can hydrate your skin and reduce inflamed acne.
- Peel 1 fresh cucumber and slice into pieces.
- Now, add 1 egg white and blend to obtain a thick
- Apply the face mask on the prewashed skin and then rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this simple yet effective remedy twice in a week.
Related: Is Cucumber Good For Acne?
#9. Lavender Oil and Egg White
Prominent for its aromatic and healing abilities, lavender oil is extensively used in cosmetic industry.
Properties like antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents residing in lavender essential oil can effectively reduce inflamed acne.
- Add few drops of lavender EO to 1 egg white
- Stir and apply the facial mask on acne affected skin.
- Allow it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
#10. Yogurt and Egg White
Probiotics present in Greek yogurt can effectively reduce inflammation. Apart from this, lactic acid can reduce acne scars.
Its astringent property can shrink large skin pores and make the skin texture firm.
- Mix 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt with one egg white.
- Stir thoroughly and apply it on the prewashed
- After 20 minutes, rinse it off with water.
#11. Lemon, Aloe Vera and Egg White for Acne Scars
Anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe gel can treat acne. Lemon juice is known for its bleaching and acidic abilities that reduce acne scars.
- Mix 2 tbsp of aloe gel and 1 egg white with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Wash your face and then apply the face mask evenly.
- Allow it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#12. Avocado and Egg White
Vitamin A, B, and C present in avocado can improve the overall functioning of your skin. Vitamin E fights acne-causing bacteria and its anti-inflammatory property reduces acne inflammation.
- Take ¼ of mashed ripe avocado in a bowl.
- Mix 1 egg white and mix thoroughly.
- Apply the face mask evenly on acne affected face.
- Rinse it off with water after 15-20 minutes.
#13. Orange Peel and Egg White
Orange peel is loaded with skin whitening abilities that can lighten the appearance of acne scars and dark spots. Also known for its exfoliating abilities, orange peel can remove excess sebum and dead cells piled on the skin.
- Grind dried orange peel to obtain its powder.
- Mix 1 tbsp of this orange peel powder with 1 egg white.
- Now, apply this facial mask on acne affected skin.
- Repeated application will lighten the appearance of acne scars.
Also read: How to use orange peel to whiten skin?
Note: If you’re allergic to egg white, then please stay away from it.
Along with the topical application, you must hydrate your body from inside by drinking enough water.
As mentioned before use natural moisturizers before going to bed. Egg white is packed with amino acids and proteins that remove impurities and improves your skin texture.
Foods that trigger acne must be avoided. Studies claim that stress can trigger skin ailments. So, avoid it.
Squeezing or pressing swollen acne blemishes will not treat the ailment. Instead, it makes it worse by leaving scars.
Stick to any one recipe from above-mentioned remedies. Within in few weeks, you’ll see positive results.
Did you ever use egg white for acne? Please share your views in comments.