The hectic schedule doesn’t let us take care of skin. Dead cells and impurities pile over your face resulting in the dark looking skin. Luckily, you can use homemade cucumber for skin lightening.
This vegetable is fortified with exceptional cosmetic benefits. Packed with 90% of water, cucumber for glowing skin is an excellent remedy. (1)
Packed with assorted vitamins and minerals, cucumbers are used to make pickles, eaten raw and extensively used for cosmetic purpose. Vitamin K, C, B1, manganese, copper, potassium and phosphorous are included in the nutritional profile of cucumber.
Though it lacks press attention in terms of health benefits compared to other vegetables, cucumbers are well known for its use as cooling and soothing agent on sensitive skin like under eyes. (2)
Is Cucumber Good for Skin Whitening?
Cucumber for skin lightening is an innate remedy. Regular usage of this face mask can gradually improve your skin complexion. Traditionally, this vegetable is placed over eyes to remove dark circles.
- It is one among the vegetable that contains above 90% water in it. Topical application or regular ingesting of cucumber helps to hydrate your body.
- Astringent property exhibited by this facial mask make the skin firm and improve skin complexion.
- Vitamin C housed in cucumber help to enhance collagen production and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
- Vitamin A works on cell regeneration and fastens the healing process.
- Massaging with this face mask will improve blood circulation and guards your skin against chronic skin ailments.
- Bleaching property exhibited by cucumber help to obtain glowing skin.
- Assorted nutrients in it help to reduce aging signs, lighten the appearance of scars and ensure youthful skin.
- Antioxidant properties and anti-inflammatory properties packed in cucumber restrain free radicals and reduce inflammation triggered by ailments.
- Excess oil secreted by your skin can be controlled by topical application of cucumber facial mask.
- Moisturizing your skin is one of the effective remedies to pamper it. Regular massaging with cucumber will help to maintain pH level and to obtain supple skin.
How to Use Cucumber for Skin Lightening?
There are lots of beauty creams claiming about skin whitening, but they fail to fulfill their claims.
The report says that regular application of these pricey chemical incorporated products may lead to premature aging wrinkles. (3)
#1 Cucumber, Egg White, and Milk Powder
Egg white helps to remove dirt, tighten skin pores and improve blood circulation. Moisturizing ability exhibited by this ingredient help to hydrate your dry skin.
Milk powder is packed with vitamin A, C, B6, lactic acid, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
Lactic acid in milk powder helps to lighten the appearance of dark spots and achieve radiant skin.
- Juice cucumber into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered milk and 1 egg white in a bowl.
- Blend these ingredients to smooth paste.
- Apply this skin lightening face mask on prewashed face. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
#2 Cucumber and Rose Water
Rose water is packed with lots of essential vitamins and minerals. Moisturizing, cleansing, skin lightening and acne fighting ability of this home available ingredient can’t be ignored.
To make cucumber toner for skin lightening, in equal quantities, mix rose water and cucumber juice. Apply it on prewashed face and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
Before applying this face mask, cleanse your face with gram flour to remove accumulated impurities.
#3 Cucumber, Yogurt, and Papaya
A journal on medicinal plants states that papaya can help to make the skin radiant. An enzyme known as Papain is effective in skin whitening.
Few beauty experts suggest using papaya peel to best results and other recommends its pulp.
One of the basic recipes is to massage your face and hands with papaya peel. For an advanced recipe, you can blend other ingredients with it.
Lactic acid present in plain yogurt help to reduce dark spots and nourish dry skin. Apart from that yogurt contain vitamin B12 and B2 which help to get rid of skin discoloration and enhance new cell growth.
- For special skin lightening and fairness mask, blend cucumber pulp, ripe papaya pulp, and yogurt.
- Apply on face and rinse it off after 20 minutes.
- Optionally you can massage with rose water after this face mask treatment.
#4 Cucumber and Multani Mitti
Fuller’s earth or multani mitti is prominent for fairness. It extracts excess sebum from the skin and makes your skin super smooth.
If you’ve extremely dry skin, then stay out of its use.
- Grate fresh cucumber and extract its juice from it.
- Add this juice to multani mitti to make a thick
- Wash your face with water and pat dry using a soft
- Apply the mask evenly and leave it to dry naturally.
- Sensitive skin people must moisturize with jojoba oil after this face mask application.
#5 Cucumber and Potato Juice
Catecholase is an enzyme residing in potato that helps to lighten the appearance of dark spots, acne scars and improve skin complexion.
It also contains vitamin C that enhances collagen production and improves the elasticity of the skin.
Bleaching property exhibited by potato juice help to inhibit melanin production and get rid of hyperpigmentation.
- Peel cucumber and potato.
- Blend these two ingredients and extract its juice in separate bowls.
- Mix both juices and apply it over the skin using a cotton ball.
- Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off with water.
#6 Milk Powder and Cucumber for Skin Lightening
Milk powder contains lot more nutrients than milk itself. Lactic acid housed in it help to get rid of skin discoloration.
- Blend and extract cucumber juice in a bowl.
- Take required amount of milk powder and add cucumber juice to it.
- Mix thoroughly you obtain thick paste like consistency.
- Wash your face and apply the obtain mask evenly.
- Massage in a circular motion and leave it dry for 15 minutes.
#7 Cucumber as Skin Toner
Exceptional abilities of cucumber are enticing. Instead of making all these recipes you can just slice cucumber and start rubbing sliced cucumber over the skin.
Or make your skin toner with its juice.
Extract its juice and pour it into a spray bottle. Whenever you need to spray its juice on the skin and allow it to dry.
#8 Cucumber and Gram Flour
Gram flour is renowned for its cleansing and skin lightening properties. It effectively removes excess oil from the skin and thwarts infectious germs.
People with sensitive skin must apply moisturizer after washing this face mask.
- Extract cucumber juice as mentioned in above recipes.
- Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour and mix it with the required amount of cucumber juice.
- Wash your face with water and apply the mask evenly all over the face.
- After 15 minutes rinse it off with water.
#9 Lemon Juice and Cucumber
Lemon is known for its bleaching and acidic properties. Regular application of lemon juice helps to get rid of discoloration.
However, undiluted use of lemon juice will irritate your sensitive skin.
- Dilute lemon juice with the required amount of cucumber juice.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the lotion over the face.
- Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off with water after 15 minutes.
#10 Cucumber and Coconut Water
Coconut water is prominent for rehydration and to restore electrolytes levels. Regular application of this innate ingredient will help to cleanse and tighten skin pores.
- Mix equal amount of coconut water and cucumber juice in a bowl.
- Also, add raw milk to the lotion and apply it over prewashed face.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
#11 Cucumber and Honey
Benefits of honey are documented in religious scriptures and historical books. Humectant property of raw honey locks moisture over the skin and its assorted nutrients help to lighten the appearance of dark spots.
- Grate cucumber and add required amount of honey to it.
- Apply this face mask over prewashed face.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#12 Rice Flour and Cucumber for Glowing Skin
Allantoin present in rice powder promotes skin repair and heals sunburns. Tyrosinase housed in rice flour inhibits melanin production and thus results in radiant skin.
- Blend cucumber and extract its juice.
- Add 1 teaspoon of rice flour to the cucumber juice to make a smooth
- Optionally add few drops of lemon juice to the paste.
- Apply the mask over prewashed face and leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and apply moisturizer.
#13 Cucumber and Aloe Vera
- Mix cucumber paste with aloe gel and yogurt.
- Apply the mixed paste on prewashed face and leave it to dry naturally for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
Share your secret ingredients that you used in your cucumber for skin lightening.