According to experts, your skin texture is hereditary. However, you can improve to some extent by using home remedies. Here you’ll learn about benefits of coconut water for skin whitening and how to use it.
Southern India is extensively renowned for this nut. It’s oil, water, milk, and meat are used for culinary and cosmetic purposes. Even beauty industries here include coconut extracts to make it more effective.
Coconut water is prominent for a quick energy boost in summer and works great to hydrate your body. Nutrients in this water can help to improve your skin texture and make it radiant.
Is Coconut Water Good for Glowing Skin?
It’s a natural electrolyte, with a high concentration of potassium. (1)
Apart from impurities and pollutants, your skin sheds millions of dead cells that are piled over the skin.
Dry patches, dark spots, and other skin disorders are triggered if you don’t pay attention towards them.
Unlike chemical incorporated cosmetics, coconut water is filled with exceptional nutrients that can improve the overall functioning of the skin.
- Topical application of this natural water will help to hydrate your skin from the outside. (2)
- It’s light consistency makes it a perfect remedy to moisturize your dry skin.
- Topical application of this water will reduce excess oiliness over the skin.
- Skin disorders like acne, blackheads, pimples and itching can be reduced by this innate remedy.
- Beauty experts say that coconut water can be effectively block harmful UV rays.
- Splash this natural ingredient on your face to cleanse impurities and toxins off the skin.
- Mix lemon juice to remove make-up and tone your skin.
- Vitamin C housed in this remedy help to reduce hyperpigmentation, dark spots and sun tan.
- Assorted vitamins residing in coconut water help to make your skin firm, reduce fine lines and postpone aging wrinkles.
- Cytokines a protein packed in it, fasten the healing process, reduce inflammation and lighten the appearance of scars.
- The exfoliating ability of this face mask will effectively make your skin radiant.
How to Use Coconut Water for Skin Whitening?
You can use natural remedies in different ways by blending other ingredients with them.
Below listed are different DIY recipes, pick the one that works best for your skin type.
#1 Drink Coconut Water
Internal consumption can’t be ignored. As mentioned above, it’s an energy booster and also hydrates your skin from the inside.
Regular drinking of coconut water will help to flush toxins from the body. As a result, your skin looks younger, clear and radiant.
Unlike soft drinks, ingesting coconut water will improve your metabolism and help to restrain many ailments.
Researchers state that regular consumption of coconut water helps to reduce blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels and helps to balance pH level.
#2 Coconut Water and Multani Mitti
If your main aim is to improve your skin texture, then you must topically apply this innate ingredient. Internal usage will be helpful for skin, but to reap all its nutrients for skin, beauty experts recommend topical application.
Multani mitti or Fuller’s Earth helps to remove excess oil, impurities and dead cells accumulated over the skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth with ½ tablespoon of coconut water in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly till you get a smooth paste like consistency.
- Wash and pat dry your face before applying this face mask.
- Apply this face mask gently all over the face in circular motion.
- After 15 minutes, rinse it off with water.
#3 Sandalwood and Coconut Water for Skin Whitening
Sandalwood is prominent for glowing skin and its aromatic smell. It helps to cleanse excess oil, dead cells and gives your skin a cooling effect.
To make your own sandalwood face pack, mix it with coconut water.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder and a pinch of turmeric powder with coconut water.
- Wash your face with water or cleanse it with gram flour mask.
- Pat dry and apply the face pack over the skin and leave it to dry naturally.
- If your skin feels dry, moisturize with glycerin and rosewater.
#4 Coconut Water and Plain Yogurt
Bleaching property exhibited by lactic acid in plain yogurt help to lighten the skin. It also contains vitamin B12 and B5 which helps to reduce dark spots and improve skin complexion.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt with 1 tablespoon of coconut water.
- Apply the mixed mask over prewashed face.
- Wash it with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Try this simple recipe twice in a week.
#5 Coconut Water and Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is packed with bleaching and acidic activity. It can effectively improve skin complexion, reduce dark spots and lighten the appearance of scars.
The anti-bacterial ability of lemon helps to thwart infectious germs.
However, excess use of lemon juice or undiluted lemon juice will make your skin dry.
- Blend 2 tablespoons of coconut water with ½ teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Wash your face or cleanse it.
- Pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Apply the mask using a cotton ball and leave it for 15 minutes before you rinse it off with water.
#6 Glycerin and Coconut Water
Moisturizing and cleansing ability exhibited by glycerin can effectively help to get rid of dry skin and dark spots.
Vitamins packed in this natural ingredient help to tone skin, reduce wrinkles and make the skin supple.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of coconut water with a ½ tablespoon of glycerin.
- Apply the mixed lotion over prewashed face.
- After 10-20 minutes, rinse it off with water.
#7 Gram Flour, Turmeric, and Coconut Water
Cleansing and exfoliating properties of gram flour are discussed above. When you mix turmeric powder, it helps to lighten dark spots and scars.
However, excess use of turmeric may leave yellow stains on your face.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Add required amount of coconut water to obtain smooth paste like consistency.
- Apply the mask over prewashed face and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
Note: Though coconut water is packed with hydrating, anti-bacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties, it may irritate your skin if you’re allergic to nuts.
Did you ever use coconut water for skin whitening? Share your views in comments.