You’ll find bunch of products claiming to treat acne. But have you ever considered natural remedies? Borage oil for acne is one the innate remedy that you must try.
Approximately 50 million Americans are affected by acne every year and 80 percent of people between the age group of 11 to 30 will have acne breakout at some point of their life.
Facts are astonishing, isn’t it?
Literally there are hundreds of ways to reduce acne. Cosmetic products and natural remedies are two major ways. I love my skin and hope you too care it. So I don’t want to expose it to chemical filled creams. This is the reason why I’ll opt for natural remedies.
However, it’s recommended to patch test before using borage oil to treat acne blemishes.
Benefits of Borage Oil for Acne
Exceptional properties like anti-inflammatory, gamma-linoleic acid and antioxidant are housed in this innate oil.
This oil is extracted from the seeds of borage plant native to Syria, but grows in other countries. 1500 years back Europeans cultivated borage plant for its healing benefits and it has been used for culinary purposes.
Acne is mainly triggered due to inflammation. Excess sebum, dead cells and bacteria are notable reasons by which acne worsens. Assorted properties residing in this golden-yellow oil can effectively treat acne.
- Reduce inflammation: Anti-inflammatory activity packed in this yellow oil can relieve from acne inflammation and fasten the healing process.
- Moisturizes the skin: Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids of borage oil hydrates the skin and also maintain hormonal balance when ingested internally.
- Relieves stress: Stress triggers itching, acne and other skin ailments. Researchers after various studies conclude that topical application of borage oil can reduce blood pressure and stress.
- Improves blood flow: Gamma-linoleic acid promotes blood flow, which removes toxins and nourishes cell regeneration.
- Stimulate skin growth: Fatty acids in borage oil remove dead cells from the skin and promotes new skin cells.
- Antioxidant and other assorted nutrients residing in this golden-yellow oil can restrain free radicals, fade wrinkles, relieve itching, improves skin tone, hydrates dry skin and relieves you from chronic skin ailments.
Unlike cosmetic creams, natural remedies aren’t associated with serious side-effects. However, proteins in these ingredients may irritate hypersensitive people. One must patch test by applying it over elbow before using it over the face.
How to Use Borage Oil for Acne?
Beauty experts recommend only pure and organic borage oil, because processed oil may not show effective results.
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water or expose it to steam to unclog blocked pores.
- Alternatively, cleanse with rosewater and cotton ball.
- Pat dry with soft cloth and apply borage oil using cotton swab.
- Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off.
Ingesting borage oil to treat acne and other health ailments is recommended, but must consult physician for dosage. Anecdotal reports say that ingesting borage oil can treat health and skin ailment, but may take some time to show positive results.
Pregnant women must consult doctor before using borage oil internally or topically.