Indians use besan to make snacks and it has got prominent role in cleansing impurities. This inexpensive home available remedy can effectively treat various skin disorders and improve your complexion. Just add required amount of water in besan powder to make besan face pack in minutes.
People assume that technology is decreasing our work load, but the risk it’s increasing is not estimated. With hectic work schedule we find no time for ourselves. Long exposure to computer, TV and smart phones make the skin dry and leave dark patches.
Apart from this, your skin sheds millions of dead cells, which need to be removed. Else, they combine with excess sebum and bacteria to trigger ailments.
This kitchen available ingredient exfoliates your skin and removes accumulated impurities. Other than that, unwanted facial hair, excess sebum and itchy patches can be removed.
Besan Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Unlike cosmetic creams, besan is very cheap and has zero side-effects. It’s packed with skin cleansing and skin whitening properties. As a bonus, it will remove weak unwanted facial hair.
Though it can reap excess sebum from your skin, you can still use besan mask over dry skin. But, blend it with other natural moisturizers like honey and banana. Or you can also topically massage with almond oil after using besan face pack.
For Dry Skin:
- Blend ripe (half) banana with 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Add 2 tablespoon of besan powder to the paste.
- Mix thoroughly till you get smooth paste.
- While your partner is preparing this face pack, wash your face or cleanse it with mild soap. You can also use konjac sponge to remove impurities before applying the mask.
- Pat dry using a clean cloth and ask your partner to apply evenly all over the face.
- Avoid areas like eyes, eyebrows and beard.
- Leave it to dry naturally and the rinse it off with water.
Your skin will feel great; now optionally apply jojoba oil or rosewater to moisturize your skin.
For Oily Skin:
- Take 2 tablespoon of besan powder in a bowl and add required amount of rosewater to it.
- Cleanse your face and scrub using konjac sponge.
- Apply the pack evenly all over the face and leave it to dry naturally.
As mentioned, besan is renowned to absorb excess oil and rosewater helps to tone your skin. (1)
Optionally, you can add few drops of lemon juice to make this mask effective to remove acne blemishes. However, people with sensitive skin must stay away from lemon juice; because it may irritate your skin.
Besan Face Pack for Skin Whitening:
- Blend 2 tablespoon of besan powder with 1 tablespoon of milk cream.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and add 1tbsp of it to the mixture.
- Cleanse your face and pat dry.
- When the skin is still damp, apply the mask all over the face.
- Place two sliced cucumber pieces over your eyes and let the face pack work.
Bleaching property in lemon juice can effectively lighten dark spots and make your skin fair. As mentioned above, people with sensitive skin must stay away from excess use of lemon juice.
Other natural ingredients, which you can include with besan powder, are aloe gel, turmeric powder, baking soda, tomato pulp, baking soda, oatmeal, orange juice, papaya pulp, multani mitti, egg white, sandalwood and glycerin.
Note: Make sure that you’re not allergic to ingredients used in the face pack.