Assorted nutrients like vitamins and minerals in this fruit can be beneficial for your health and skin. Dig into this article to know how to use banana face pack for glowing skin.
After an exhaustive work, when I reach home my mom gives me a banana and it fills me back with energy instantly. I never thought that this staple fruit can be effective over my skin.
With changing climate your sensitive skin becomes dry and loses its natural moisture. Banana has hydrating properties which can moisturize your dry patches. Nutrients penetrate into the skin and enhance its functioning.
Benefits of Banana Face Pack
Natural remedies are accompanied by a bunch of benefits. Both internally and topically, banana can improve your skin texture and tone.
However, my top 5 benefits of banana face mask are hydrating skin, fading wrinkles, treating acne/pimples, lighten dark spots and control excess production of sebum.
- Vitamin A: Enhance fast healing of acne, injuries and wounds. It helps to fade wrinkles and fine lines.
- Vitamin C: Stimulate collagen production and improves your skin`s elasticity.
- Vitamin E: Thwarts free radicals and guard skin from harmful UV rays.
- B-complex vitamins: Help to get rid of premature aging wrinkles and protects skin from cell damaging free radicals.
- Potassium: Hydrates your dry patches over the skin.
- Zinc and lectin fights acne cause bacteria and infectious germs.
- Amino acid: Nourishes your skin and maintains elasticity of the skin.
Also read: Banana face pack
Banana Face Pack for Glowing Skin
I hope you didn’t skip above para (read if you did). To reap these nutritional benefits from banana one must know how to use it.
Just like eating banana, using it over face is very much easy. To make it more effective experts recommend adding other innate ingredients to it. It can be honey, milk, avocado, lemon juice, sandalwood powder and yogurt.
I’ll discuss three face mask recipes, by which you can make your own mask at home.
#1 Banana, Lemon and Milk
Mash half banana in a bowl using spoon or fork. Add required amount of milk and few drops of lemon juice.
Cleanse your face with water and pat dry.
Ask your partner to apply the face mask all over the face and leave it to dry naturally for about 15-20 minutes.
Note: if you’ve extremely dry skin, then don’t use lemon juice. Instead try recipe No. 3
#2 Banana Face Pack for Acne
Pimples/acne is most common skin order experienced by millions of people in America. Anti-inflammatory property residing in this face mask will reduce acne inflammation and vitamin A fastens the healing process.
- Take ½ ripe banana, 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mash banana with spoon and mix other ingredients to the bowl.
- Meanwhile, wash your face with lukewarm water or expose it to steam to open blocked skin pores.
- Pat dry and apply the banana mask evenly.
- Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
#3 Banana Face Pack for Wrinkles
Above mentioned properties in banana will hydrate your skin and makes your skin firm.
Mash banana as stated in above recipes and add honey to it. Mix required amount of yogurt to the paste. Cleanse your face with gram flour mask to remove impurities. (Optional)
Topically massage your face with the face pack and leave it to dry naturally.
If you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients, then it will improve complexion and elasticity.
- Apply the face pack over sink or in bathroom to avoid slippage on floor.
- If the mask makes your skin dry, apply olive oil or rosehip oil before going to bed.
- Drink enough water and take vitamin rich diet.
- Avoid chemical filled creams and long exposure to sunlight.
- Stop using the face mask if you experience allergic reaction.
Discuss your banana face pack for glowing skin recipe with us in comments.