Why use argan oil for eczema, when there are excellent steroid creams?
Commonly known as atopic dermatitis, eczema results in dry itchy skin. Not just burning sensation, these patches makes you embarrassed. It’s very difficult to resist scratching in public places. (1)
Steroid creams prescribed by dermatologist show excellent results, but after few days again itching cycle commence. Am not sure the real cause behind itching, but experts say that irritants trigger it.
Eczema irritants can be food, clothes, creams or objects.
Natural essential oils like argan oil, rosemary oil and lavender oil are packed with moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties. Apart from this, vitamins residing in these natural ingredients enhance collagen production and fasten the healing process.
I agree that natural remedies take time, but they treat the skin disorder from the root. Let me confess this, there is no permanent treatment for eczema and when I say treatment, this mean that it will reduce symptoms of eczema flare-ups.
Don’t lose hope. Because of its innate properties your skin will be thankful if you massage argan oil on it.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Eczema
Dry skin is the main culprit to trigger eczema flare-ups. When your skin lost its natural protective layer, irritants invade and habitat resulting in infection.
National Eczema Society of UK states that keeping the skin well hydrated and supple is the cornerstone of managing eczema.
- Emollient activity of argan oil effective produce oily layer over the skin, which helps to soothe itchy patches.
- Antibacterial properties housed in this innate remedy restrain allergens, irritants and bacteria from penetrating into the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory activity of argan oil reduces inflammation on blisters and relieves pain or burning sensation. It also restrains future break-outs, because it doesn’t clog skin pores.
- Vitamin E promotes cell regeneration and thus helps to reduce dry eczema patches.
- Vitamin A and E enhance collagen production and improve elasticity of the skin. Regular application will lighten scars and improve skin tone.
- Because of its assorted nutrients, you can use argan oil over face, hair and to treat such chronic skin ailments. This anti-aging oil can bring a huge impact on your face.
- It exfoliates dead cells and impurities from the skin.
Note: Argan oil can reduce eczema effectively when you stay away from irritants and practice a healthy lifestyle. I’ll share about it by the end of this article.
How to Use?
Impurities, dead cells and bacteria are piled over the skin. You must initially cleanse them using water or natural cleanser. If you’ve inflamed flare-ups, then use cotton ball dipped in water to remove impurities.
Take organic argan oil from local store and apply over affected part using cotton ball. Let it dry and rinse it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
You can blend other carrier oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil with argan oil.
While nutrients in argan oil treat eczema, you must hydrate your skin from inside by drinking 7-8 glasses of water, include vitamin rich food and avoid foods that can trigger itching. Clothes, metals and chemical filled cream can irritate your skin. Stay away from them.
It’s not easy, but you must resist. It not only ruins your skin texture, but spoils your social life.
Conduct a patch test before trying argan oil for eczema.