About 40% people around the world are affected by HPV, which causes warts. In this article you’ll know how to use aloe vera for warts.
Healing benefits of aloe vera are prominent and needs no explanation. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities can effectively treat warts.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is ubiquitous virus that can be found everywhere.
While am writing this post, my fingers are in contact with HPV virus. Because, dermatologists says that we all come in contact with the virus while shaking hands, typing keyboards and turning doorknobs.
What Causes Warts?
By above lines, most of you might know that HPV is the main culprit that causes warts.
This ubiquitous virus invades your skin through tiny scratch or cut. Then it triggers rapid growth of skin cells resulting in rough, skin colored warts over face, fingers or foot.
Scientist identified different types of HPV virus, which cause different types of warts. Some may even cause genital warts.
Apart from injuries and cuts, HPV can invade by skin-to-skin contact. If you touch other person’s wart or something to which his wart touched this will trigger the infection.
Shaking hands, sharing towels and clothes is the most common way wart spread, says a dermatologist.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Warts?
This non cancerous skin growth will be removed naturally, but it may take years. Luckily, there are many home remedies that can remove this unwanted skin warts.
- Healing benefits of aloe gel are renowned and its moisturizing properties help to get rid of dry skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties residing in aloe gel reduce inflammation or pain and restrain infection.
- Antibacterial activity can effectively treat warts and thwart HPV virus.
- Due to sticky nature of its gel, you can easily apply it over the affected spot.
Also read: How to Use Aloe Vera for Acne?
- Get fresh aloe vera leaf from garden or borrow from a neighbor. Alternatively, you can just reach a store to take refined aloe vera gel, but it lacks nutritional properties.
- Wash the leaf to remove mud and peel its skin.
- Cleanse your skin to remove impurities and dead cells. Pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Place sliced aloe gel over the wart and wrap it with duct tape to hold. Or just drop aloe gel succulent over the wart and place a cotton ball before wrapping it.
- Leave it over night.
Simple, isn’t it?
Well, but don’t expect overnight results. Anyway, you may notice minor changes over the warts.
Repeatedly use aloe gel over the wart before going to bed. Within few weeks, wart gets removed.
Being a natural remedy, aloe vera gel isn’t associated with any side-effects. But, if you’re allergic to aloe gel, then don’t use it. Instead use apple cider vinegar.
You can use aloe gel to treat other skin ailments like acne, eczema and psoriasis. Its antibiotic property effectively heals injury, cuts and minor burns.
So, next time when you experience cut or injury, place aloe gel to avoid further infection.
Folk remedies are incredible; however, there are no scientific data to back these claims. Anecdotal reports back them and nature lovers believe in its uses.
Will you ever use aloe vera to treat warts? Let us know your personal experience with this innate remedy.