People who love natural remedies extol benefits of white vinegar for skin whitening. Do you really think it improves your skin complexion? Read this article to know.
I know you’re not here to play a puzzle game. So let me disclose that you can topically use white vinegar mask for improved complexion.
Like cosmetic companies, this recipe doesn’t claim overnight results but am sure you’ll love this inexpensive home remedy as it’s packed with all essential nutrients a healthy skin needs.
What Causes Dark Patches on My Face?
There isn’t one factor that results in dark patches.
Exposure to sunlight, environmental pollution, skin ailments, genetics, hormonal imbalance in women during pregnancy, allergic reaction, stress, trauma or injury may leave dark or brown patches over the face.
Due to UV rays and genetics, melanin, which is responsible for skin’s color produce more melanocytes at particular spot resulting in a dark spot.
Cleansing and wearing sunscreen will avoid harmful effect of these factors.
Is White Vinegar good for Skin Whitening?
Depending on the raw material used during distillation process there are different types of vinegar. Here we consider white vinegar. (Source)
It’s a multi-tasking ingredient that has cosmetic and culinary uses. From hundreds of uses, let’s check benefits of white vinegar for skin.
- Repeated application of white vinegar blended with other natural ingredients can cleanse impurities, dead cells and kill a bacterial (You can use it to as foot soak.)
- Astringent property of this ingredient helps to shrink large skin pores and makes your skin firm.
- Assorted properties in this recipe help to reduce hyperpigmentation, dark spots and improve skin complexion.
- White vinegar relieves from minor sunburns and enhances the healing
- Anti-inflammatory activity of vinegar helps to reduce acne inflammation, razor inflammation, and other injuries.
- Cleanse blocked skin pores and reduce acne lesions.
- Mix vinegar with water to get rid of skin odor.
How to Use White Vinegar for Skin Whitening?
If repeated use of white vinegar irritates your skin, then discontinue its use and consult a physician.
#1 White Vinegar and Water (easy recipe)
Before washing your face, add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar into water and splash it over the face.
Or take equal quantities of white vinegar and water to spread evenly over the face using a cotton ball.
You can add vinegar to your bath tub to get benefited through its antibacterial and moisturizing properties.
#2 White Vinegar and Onion Juice for Skin Lightening
Even water will work, but if you want to get benefited from onion juice, then mix onion juice with vinegar and apply it over prewashed face.
#3 Treat Blackheads
Try this face mask twice or thrice depending on the severity of acne lesions or blackheads.
- Take 3 fresh strawberries and mash in a bowl.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of white vinegar to the mask.
- Let the mixture settle for about 2-3 hours.
- Strain the mixture and collect solution in a bowl.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the white vinegar solution over the skin.
You can also use apple cider vinegar solution. If you ask me my favorite recipe is white vinegar and water mask.
Let me know your favorite recipe of white vinegar for skin whitening.