Skin is the largest organ of the body, chronic skin ailments ruin it’s functioning. Read this article to know the benefits of vitamin E oil for eczema.
You’ll find various reports claiming effectiveness of vitamin E oil for skin. However, there are few doctors who say that topical massaging of vitamin E oil can stimulate allergic reaction.
So, it’s recommended to patch test before applying it over the face.
What Causes Eczema?
People who suffer from this chronic skin ailment will experience skin rashes, dry itchy patches, small bumps around patches and severe itching.
Mere cause of eczema is unknown, anyway researchers hold immune system, hereditary, food and other irritates to trigger eczema flare-ups.
Note: You can’t permanently treat eczema. Using topical creams and home remedies however you can reduce its symptoms.
Benefits of Vitamin E Oil for Eczema
Scientific study reports that including vitamin E rich diet regularly can prevent eczema condition. To reap nutritional benefits of vitamin E, beauty experts recommend consuming vitamin E rich food and topically massaging with the oil.
- Natural healing properties of vitamin E oil can fasten the healing process of inflamed eczema flare-ups.
- Antioxidant activity of this vitamin thwarts free radicals that damage cell membrane and protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Anti-inflammatory activity of this oil can reduce inflammation caused by eczema patches.
- Moisturizing properties helps to get rid of itching and soothes dry patches.
- Helps to fade scars and stretch marks.
- Antioxidants agents can reduce dark spots and help to obtain glowing skin.
- Emollient activity of vitamin E helps to wipe impurities and locks moisture over the skin.
Experts recommend blending other natural ingredients like olive oil or vitamin C with vitamin E oil to make it more effective and safe.
How to Use?
As mentioned you can take orally or use it topically to treat eczema. Let’s start with topical application.
- Wash eczema affected area with water and pat dry gently.
- Take vitamin E oil in your clean palm and massage it over the skin.
- Leave it to dry naturally and then rinse it off in the morning.
Simple, isn’t it?
Regularly apply the oil before going to sleep.
As beauty experts recommend blend olive oil or vitamin C with vitamin E oil.
Avocado and vitamin E
Fatty acids packed in avocado can moisturize and treat skin ailments. Mash fresh avocado into paste and add vitamin E oil to it.
Wash your skin and apply the mask evenly and leave it to dry for about 15-20 minutes.
Vitamin E and Honey
Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties in raw honey are beneficial for healthy functioning of the skin.
Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with required amount of vitamin E oil (warm it). Apply the mask on prewashed skin after cooling.
Vitamin E capsules
Puncture a hole in vitamin E capsules and collect its oil in your palm or bowl. Add vitamin C or olive oil to it and massage it over the skin.
Vitamin E oil for eczema works effectively, only when you change your lifestyle and include vitamin rich food, drink enough water and stay away from irritants.