You’re not alone, there about 30 million Americans with eczema. Also known as atopic dermatitis, eczema results in vigorous itching with red blisters. Scientific research states that eczema can’t be treated permanently, but don’t worry luckily you can manage them.
Anecdotal reports say that using sesame oil for eczema will reduce flare-ups and relieve you from inflammation. Nutritional properties in this oil penetrate deep into the skin and heal eczema bumps.
Before you know more about sesame oil, let me put down few more lines on this chronic skin ailment. Mere cause of eczema is unknown, however hereditary and environment factors are held culprits. When your skin comes in contact with irritants, allergic reaction triggers.
Itching, redness, swelling of skin and inflammation are accompanied. Persistent scratching leads to red bumps and dry skin. Topically massaging with natural oil like sesame oil will hydrate the skin and relieve you from itching.
Benefits of Sesame oil for Eczema
Sesame oil is extracted from seeds of sesame plant. This yellow colored oil has nutty flavor and is packed with exceptional nutrients. It’s extensively used in culinary, medical and cosmetic purposes. Even cosmetic industries are enticed by its nutritional profile, so they started incorporating in their products.
- Rich amount of vitamin E residing in sesame oil stimulates fasten healing of eczema flare-ups and soothe inflamed bumps.
- Antioxidant activity of this oil fights free radicals that damage cell membrane.
- Itching and dry skin increases eczema condition, hydrating properties in the oil will relieve you from itching.
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents fight bacterial infection to relieve inflammation.
- Assorted properties in this oil will repair damaged cells, protect your skin from UV rays, prevents wrinkles and help to get rid of various skin ailments.
On the whole, this oil can replace many different products which you use to obtain radiant skin. Unlike chemical filled creams, sesame oil may take time to show positive results. Vitamins and minerals in this oil go deep into the skin and enhance collagen production. It repairs from the root.
People with sensitive skin can also use this natural oil. Anyhow, I recommend to patch test before using it over the face. Because your skin may not go well with the proteins in sesame oil and trigger reaction or consult the physician before proceeding.
Wash eczema affected part with water, pat dry using soft cloth and slightly massage with the oil. Try this simple remedy twice per day. After consulting beauty experts you can blend other natural oil with sesame oil to make it more effective.
Note: Sesame oil can’t permanently treat eczema; actually there is no treatment for this chronic disease. You can reduce inflammation by these simple home remedies.
- Change your lifestyle and take vitamin rich diet to help sesame oil in treating eczema. Reach your doctor and ask for the food items which can trigger eczema. Make the list and stay away from them.
- Drink enough water and do regular exercise.
- Regularly apply sesame oil before going to bed.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes and latex rubber gloves, they may trigger itching.
- Stop using chemical creams and fragrance, as they may irritate your skin. (Stay away from these irritants)
- Long exposure to sun, irritants, pollution and TV or computer screen must be avoided.
Did you ever use sesame oil to treat eczema? Please share your views about this inexpensive home remedy.