Impurities piled over your epidermis (skin) need to be cleansed and when you use chemical filled creams to do this task, they normally stripe natural oils from your skin. Natural oils plays vital role in effective functioning of the skin.
Rose petal face mask unlike your pricey creams effectively cleanses the impurities and also hydrates your dry skin. Renowned properties residing in rose petals help to fight infectious and harmful bacteria, giving you a spot less fair skin.
Also read: Benefits of Rose Water for Skin
Now, before jumping into different DIY recipes, let me put down few points on effective properties of rose petals/water and how can they can nourish your skin.
- Known for its excellent aroma, rose water hydrates your dry skin and maintains its pH balance.
- Antibacterial agents housed in rose petals will restrain bacterial and fungal infection. P.acnes, the bacteria responsible for acne blemishes can be controlled using rose water face mask.
- Your skin and body has free radicals, which may damage cell membrane. Antioxidant agents in this face pack kill free radicals.
- Assorted properties packed in rose petal face pack will stimulate regeneration of cells and fade wrinkles.
- You can also use rose water to heal minor burns and wounds.
1. Homemade Rose Petals/Water Face Mask Recipe
Get rose water from a local drug store or make your own rose water lotion at home. Wash your face and pat dry. Using cotton ball apply rose water over the face and under eyes evenly. Leave it to dry and then rinse it off.
Though rose water looks simple it’s packed with exceptional nutrients for your skin.
2. Rose, Egg White and Honey for Wrinkles
Egg white and honey are known for tightening skin pores and acts as anti-aging cream. Whip egg white in a bowl, add 1 table spoon of raw honey and mix the mixture thoroughly using electric whisker. Pick few fresh rose petals from your garden or borrow from a neighbor. Once again whisk the mask and apply it over prewashed face.
This mask can effectively soothe all skin disorders, so add it your beauty regimen and see amazing results.
Recommended: Egg white for blackheads
3. Rosewater and Glycerin Lotion
Glycerin has moisturizing agents that can soothe your dry itchy skin. Blend these two innate ingredients to give your face an excellent treatment. Mix 1 ½ cup of rosewater with 1/4th cup of glycerin thoroughly and apply it over the face evenly.
Before massaging with the mask, wash your face and pat dry. (More here)
Alternatively, you can add any other innate ingredients to rose water face mask. Some of them are sandalwood, milk, orange and yogurt.
Multani mitti and rose water face pack can effectively control excess oil secreted by sebaceous glands. Mix 1-2 tbsp of multani mitti or Fuller’s earth to required amount of rose water and apply it over acne blemishes. If you’ve dry skin, follow with a natural moisturizer after treating with this face pack.
Rose water face mask can be mixed with other natural ingredients and has no serious side-effects.