90% of pregnant women get stretch marks. This band of parallel lines is common, and thankfully using rose oil for stretch marks you can lighten their appearance.
With media promoted models, every women and teenager girl desire to have that skinny look. But to their dismay, even after losing weight stretch marks are left behind.
Let me burst this myth that obesity or gaining weight doesn’t lead to stretch marks.
According to experts, even skinny girls can get these vertical lines. This common skin disorder isn’t associated with any ailment and there is nothing to be worried.
Yes, it’s a cosmetic concern and there are many home remedies to help you out.
Because I don’t want to keep you in false promises, rose oil or any other home remedy can’t permanently treat stretch marks. Same goes with cosmetic products.
However, repeated massaging will lighten the appearance of these lines. Rose oil, which is packed with vitamins and minerals, can effectively help to fade stretch marks.
Also read: Rose water for acne
What Causes Stretch Marks?
Puberty, pregnancy and sudden gain or lose in weight makes your dermis layer to stretch more than its ability. This results in tearing of the layer at different spots, which appears in red or silver lines on the outer layer.
Important Point: Along with rose oil you must ingest vitamin rich diet and drink enough water regularly.
Benefits of Rose Oil for Stretch Marks
Rose essential oil is obtained through steam distillation process of Damascus Rose. Its aromatic smell is known to reduce stress and buildup self esteem.
- Vitamin C residing in this oil enhances collagen production and improves elasticity of the skin.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory activities of rose oil thwart bacterial infection along with reducing inflammation.
- Vitamin A housed in the oil shows antioxidant activity, which prevent wrinkles and free radicals.
- Omega-3&6 fatty acids bring the moisture back to the skin and stimulate cell regeneration to fade stretch marks.
- Massaging regularly with the oil will improve blood circulation and helps to lighten the appearance of scars.
How to Use Rose Oil to Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
Don’t except overnight results with any natural remedy or cosmetic product. However, you may see positive signs after using for couple of times.
Rose oil doesn’t heal or join the damaged dermis layer. It just lightens its appearance over the skin.
Beauty experts recommend diluting essential oil with base oil, because high concentration of rose oil may irritate your sensitive skin.
You can blend coconut oil, glycerin, jojoba oil and olive oil with rose oil before applying it over stretch marks.
- Use gram flour mask or any other cleanser to remove dead cells and impurities piled over the skin.
- Pat dry with soft cloth after washing.
- Mix few drops of coconut oil with required amount of rose oil.
- Gently massage the oil over the skin and leave it to dry naturally.
Repeat the process regularly before going to sleep.
Did you ever use rose oil for stretch marks? Share your recipe with us.