Also known as Rakta Chandan, red sandalwood powder has cosmetic and medicinal properties. Today, I’ll discuss about benefits of red sandalwood for skin.
This natural ingredient is extracted from the heartwood (center of the trunk) of red sandalwood tree. Due to its exceptional properties, you can either consume it mixed with milk or topically apply for its beauty benefits.
Don’t confuse with white sandalwood powder. Both are packed with exceptional nutrients to benefit your skin.
You can use red sandalwood face pack for skin whitening, reduce tan, treat acne, fade scars, get rid of premature wrinkles and improve your skin texture.
Isn’t it alluring? But before knowing to how to use, allow me to elaborate its uses further.
9 Amazing Benefits of Red Sandalwood for Skin
Without any distraction let me shower enticing properties of this home available face pack on you.
#1 Red Sandalwood Face Pack for Oily Skin
Sebum is responsible to protect your skin from irritants, impurities and infections. But, excess production of this natural oil will result unwanted breakouts.
With this homemade face mask you can get rid of excess oil.
- Take required amount of red sandalwood powder in a bowl, mix lemon juice to the bowl to obtain paste.
- Wash your face and apply the mask evenly all over the face.
- Apply natural moisturizer after washing with water.
#2 Exfoliates your Skin
As a daily routine, after hectic schedule I washed my face with water and used a clean towel to pat dry. I see all pollutants piled over my skin are now on this cloth.
Regularly, you’re exposed to many impurities. You need something natural that can remove and exfoliate the skin.
Red sandalwood powder does excellent work at this. Practice this simple recipe once or twice in a week.
- Take 1 tablespoon of gram flour with 1 tablespoon of red sandalwood powder.
- Pour rose water or distilled water to make paste like consistency.
- Wash your face with water and apply this exfoliating face pack all over the skin.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off.
#3 Red Sandalwood for Skin Whitening
Impurities, dry skin and few external factors make your skin look dark.
Properties in this innate ingredient will help to get rid of dark spots, hyperpigmentation and improve your complexion.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of red sandalwood powder with ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons of plain curd.
- Wash your face and pat dry using clean cloth.
- Apply this mixed face pack over the skin and leave it to dry naturally.
- Rinse it off with water after 15-20 minutes.
#4 Nourishes Your Skin
Your skin naturally sheds millions of dead cells. Regular nourishing will keep your skin functioning healthy.
Add this natural remedy to your body oil and apply all over the body before bathing.
#5 Improves your Skin Tone
It’s natural to have breakouts and scars over the skin. Vitamins and minerals in red sandalwood powder helps to get the perfect look.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of coconut milk and red sandalwood powder with 2 teaspoons of almond oil in a bowl.
- Apply the mixed paste over the face and leave it.
#6 Homemade Red Sandalwood Face Pack to Remove Tan
Skin lightening ability of this natural wood powder mixed with lemon juice can efficiently reduce skin tan; fade acne scars, wrinkles and other skin disorders.
- Take ½ tablespoon of red sandalwood powder, collect juice of half tomato in a bowl and add few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Using a clean spoon mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply it over prewashed face.
#7 Treats Acne Blemishes
Blend rose water with this natural ingredient in required amount as mentioned in above recipes.
Apply the face mask over acne lesions as a spot treatment. As an alternative, you can add tomato juice, honey or a pinch of turmeric powder.
#8 Helps to Get Rid of Wrinkles
If you don’t look over the skin, dry itchy patches appear and your skin loses its natural elasticity fine lines, premature wrinkles commence.
Essential vitamins and nutrients supplied by red sandalwood face pack will enhance elasticity of the skin and fade wrinkles.
- Olive oil is prominent for its healing, hydrating and nutritional properties. Take 2 tablespoons of red sandalwood powder in a bowl.
- Add required amount of olive oil to make smooth paste like consistency and apply it over prewashed face.
#9 Sooth Inflamed Skin and Itching
Skin ailments trigger inflamed blisters and rashes. Chronic ailments like eczema and psoriasis result in dry itchy patches that ruin your physical appearance.
Assorted properties in this homemade red sandalwood face pack will reduce inflammation and itching.
Take red sandalwood oil and massage it over affected part before going to sleep.