Assorted enzymes in papaya fight the free radicals responsible for aging signs. Papaya face mask are extensively used in spas and at home as these beneficial properties are housed in this fruit.
Papain is the main enzyme in papaya fruit that enhances skin whitening, fade acne scars and blemishes. With this homemade face mask you can exfoliate your skin. Hydroxy acids combine with papain to shed dead cells and soothe roughness of the skin.
Papaya Face Mask Benefits
In ancient times, apart from using it as a remedy for digestive problems, papaya has been used for radiant skin. The enzymes packed in this fruit are renowned for treating minor sunburns. Now, let’s have a look on how its face mask blended with other natural ingredients can benefit your skin.
- Exfoliates the Skin: The dead cells over skin are spoilers, beta hydroxy acid in this face pack exfoliates the skin, along with dead cells it also clears dirt and excess oil over skin, which can lead to acne breakouts.
- Fades Dark Spots: Add this innate face pack to your beauty regimen and it reduces those annoying dark spots. (Read about freckles)
- Reduces Aging Signs: Vitamin C in papaya enhances collagen production and improves skin elasticity. It also acts as an antioxidant that restrains the growth of free radicals, which are responsible for aging. (1)
- Fade Acne Scars: Vitamin A heals dry skin and also fades acne scars.
- Hydrates your Skin: Potassium housed in papaya fruit hydrates your skin from the outside relieving you from itching and other chronic skin diseases.
- Treats Chronic Skin Diseases: Papain, an enzyme has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe acne, eczema and other skin irritations. It also makes your skin smooth and supple.
Note: Before trying papaya face mask perform test on inner elbow to confirm that your skin is not allergic to its ingredients.
Homemade Papaya Face Mask Recipes
1. Plain Papaya Face Pack for Skin Whitening
To reap the nutritional benefits of papaya use ripen papaya. After peeling skin and removing its seeds, chop it into small pieces. Now place these pieces into blender. No need to mix any ingredient in this case not even water. Blend it until you see smooth paste.
Wash your face, and lie down (like you do in a spa) and ask your partner to apply over face. The reason you need to lie down is papaya paste may drip. When face pack dries wash it with water.
2. Papaya Face Mask for Acne and Acne Scars
To make it more effective, add raw honey and few lemon drops to papaya paste. Religious and historical books documented the benefits of honey. It’s packed with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Honey is also rich in antioxidants, which keeps free radicals at bay.
Things you’ll need
- Ripe papaya – 1/4
- Raw honey – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tbsp
- Blend ripe papaya after chopping it into small pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp of raw honey and 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice to papaya puree.
- Wash your face and apply this papaya face pack for acne scars on face evenly.
- After 15 minutes rinse it off.
If you’ve sensitive skin, avoid using lemon juice.
Tip: If you’ve acne prone skin, then try manuka honey instead of raw honey as its excellent remedy for acne. (Click here to know)
3. Papaya, Cucumber and Banana Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Hydrate your skin with exceptional combination of cucumber, banana and papaya. Cucumber is filled with water, which is a great moisturizer and will also soothe sunburns, whereas banana will soften your skin. If you’ve been struggling with dark spots, scars or pigments, use this combination to obtain radiant skin.
Also read: Cucumber face mask
Things you’ll need
- Ripe papaya – 1/2
- Cucumber – 1/4
- Banana – 1/2
- After peeling papaya, cucumber and banana, chop them into small pieces.
- Then place them into a blender to make smooth paste.
- Slather the paste over your face after washing it.
- Let it start effecting on skin, and then rinse it off with warm water.
Tip: Apply any natural moisturizer after removing face mask.
4. Papaya Face Pack for Oily Skin
To maintain the moisture over skin, sebaceous glands secrete natural oil known as sebum. Hormonal imbalance stimulates to produce more sebum, which results in oily skin. And this type of skin leads to acne or pimples. Topically applying papaya and orange face pack may reduce excess oil secretion.
Orange juice acts as an astringent which may control excess sebum production. Along with papaya, orange juice will clear clogged pores and enhances to procure supple skin.
Things you’ll need
- Orange juice – 1tbsp
- Ripe Papaya – ¼
- After peeling ripe papaya, chop it into small pieces.
- Now collect orange juice by squeezing few orange pieces.
- Blend the ingredients in a bowl.
- Using your hands apply it over prewashed face.
- Let it settle for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
5. Papaya and Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin
Both papaya and honey are renowned as moisturizing agents. When skin loses its natural moisture, these innate remedies work to hydrate skin from the inside and the outside. Either consume it or include it into your beauty regimen as ingredient, exceptional properties in papaya and honey strive to make your skin radiant and supple.
Things you’ll need
- Ripe papaya – ¼
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Chop ripe papaya into small pieces.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk to papaya pieces.
- Now add 1 tbsp of raw honey to above ingredients.
- Mix it well.
- Wash your face and apply this face pack massaging with your fingers.
- Leave it for 15 minutes, so that assorted nutritional properties in papaya face mask start affecting your skin.
- Then rinse it off with water.
Also check out: Honey and Cinnamon Face Mask at Home
Alternatively you can try egg white with ripe papaya or other natural ingredients. Now you know how to make papaya face mask, but don’t rush to try it immediately, first test with small quantity to confirm it’s not allergic to your skin.
[Related post: Egg white face mask]
Papaya is packed with innate nutrients, which helps to make your skin supple and eliminate blemishes and scars. Now you can replace those pricey spa visits with this homemade papaya face mask. But remember to test it before trying.