It’s not another vegetable oil that can be used for culinary purpose. Olive oil benefits are been documented in religious books like The Holy Qur’an and in many ancient books. In this article, you’ll learn how to use olive oil for skin whitening and get rid of hyperpigmentation.
Since centuries this oil has been used to treat various health issues and skin ailments.
Mediterranean women use this oil as a moisturizing and cleansing agent. Exceptional vitamins and fatty acids packed in olive oil make it an ideal remedy for sensitive skin people.
Topical application of this oil will help to rejuvenate your skin, improve skin complexion, get rid of dark spots, and fade wrinkles.
If you want to use olive oil for skin complexion, then you must remember that it’s not an instant process and regular application is important to see positive results.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Glowing Skin (Why Olive Oil?)
High concentration of monounsaturated fatty acids in olive oil makes it a healthiest diet for Mediterranean people. Studies show that people who consume this oil have lower risk of cardiovascular problems.
Along with its impeccable health benefits, olive oil can be used topically for face fairness, to make your skin supple and soft.
- Exfoliate your skin: When the increasing pollutants get accumulated over your skin, along with harmful UV rays they lead to dark skin. Nutrients in olive oil helps to cleanse these piled impurities.
- Hyperpigmentation: Vitamins and minerals packed in this innate oil can effectively help to improve your skin complexion.
- Moisturize your skin: External and internal factors stripes natural oils from the skin, hydrating agents in olive oil penetrates deep into the skin and moisturize it from the outside.
- Antioxidants: Vitamin E and K in olive oil exhibits antioxidant activity, which fights free radicals and enhance cell regeneration. Free radicals damage skin cells and elasticity, resulting in fine lines or wrinkles. (1)
- Anti-inflammatory agents: Most nutrients in this golden color oil show anti-inflammatory property, which reduces acne inflammation.
- Vitamin A and E residing in this oil protects from harmful UV rays and pollutants, which may damage your skin.
- Assorted nutrients in olive oil can improve your skin tone and its elasticity.
You can use olive oil for face whitening, because of A and E vitamins. They exhibits antioxidant property and improve cell generation.
To reap all exceptional nutrients, experts recommend using extra virgin olive oil for skin lightening and to make it supple. Because refined olive oil has chemical ingredients packed in it.
Recommended: Carrot face mask for skin whitening
How to Use Olive Oil for Skin Whitening?
Get an extra virgin olive oil from local drug store and topically massage over prewashed face. Best time to apply this oil is before going to bed. So the nutrients will have enough time to react over skin ailments.
You can use cotton swab to apply it over acne lesions as spot treatment. Don’t expect instant results, natural remedies require continuous use. To make this natural oil more effective or suitable for your skin type, you’re free to mix any innate ingredient to it. (Until you’re not allergic to it)
Let’s check out few different olive oil face mask recipes.
Also read: Olive oil for stretch marks
Olive Oil for Skin Complexion
Everyone desires to have a glowing skin. To obtain this, most people run after cosmetic creams that are included with chemical ingredients. You can use olive oil for glowing skin, but to make it more effective, beauty experts recommend blending it with other home available ingredients.
- Blend 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and egg yolk.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
- Evenly apply this face mask on the face and leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Olive Oil Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Ingredients you need are honey, sugar, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
To get natural glow, you need to first wipe impurities accumulated over the skin. This olive oil face mask can help you exfoliate dead cells and dirt off the face.
- Initially wash your face with water and pat dry.
- Mix olive oil, honey and sugar in a clean bowl. Optionally add 1-2 drops of lemon juice.
- Now, apply the face mask over the skin and smoothly start massaging in circular motion. After 15-20 minutes, rinse it off.
Lemon juice may irritate your sensitive skin, so limit its use or apply olive oil after this face mask treatment.
Also read: Sesame oil for skin whitening
Olive Oil and Lemon for Skin Whitening
Acidic nature in lemon juice helps to remove impurities and lighten dark spots over the skin. Olive oil has hydrating properties that can moisturize and make your skin bright. Regular use of this face mask will fade dark spots and acne scars.
- Initially cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal and cool it. Now mix 1 tbsp of olive oil, few drops of lemon juice and 1 egg white to it.
- Apply this face mask over prewashed face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off and apply natural moisturizer like jojoba oil or coconut oil.
Olive Oil for Hyperpigmentation
There are various factors that cause hyperpigmentation. External factors include excess exposure to UV rays, impurities and longer exposure to computer screen.
- Blend 1 tablespoon of oat flakes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon of raw milk.
- Apply the obtained smooth paste over prewashed face.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, so that nutrients in the face mask penetrate deep into the skin.
- Apart from this, include nutritional rich diet and wear sunscreen cream while going out.
How to Use Olive Oil for Face at Night?
All the DIY recipes listed above can be used at night.
Else, you can prepare your own night face mask cream with apple cider vinegar.
- Mix ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil with ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Dilute the solution with ¼ cup of distilled water.
- Apply this natural face mask over prewashed face with cotton ball.
- Leave it dry naturally throughout the night.
Alternatively, dip cotton ball in extra virgin olive oil and wipe it over dark areas of your face for skin whitening. You can also use this method to remove make up.