Apart from being versatile and delicious, mango is packed with exceptional vitamins and proteins. Popularly known as “King of fruits”, mangoes are juiced in summer to fight the heat stroke. Regular consumption of mango juice will alkalize your body, improves digestion, regulates diabetes, fight cancer and it’s a perfect snack.
Assorted nutrients in mango help to treat skin problems like acne, wrinkles, dry skin and hyperpigmentation. To reap these nutritional benefits for skin, beauty experts recommend using it internally and topically. Homemade mango face mask can be more effective on acne and helps in skin lightening when you add innate ingredients to it.
Let us now dwell mango facial mask benefits.
- Improves elasticity of the skin: Collagen in mango enhances elasticity and regeneration of skin cells. Factors like pollution, dirt, environmental climate and genetic problem results in fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. Dermis, which is involved in elasticity and flexibility include collagen has its main component. Collagen intake can improve your skin moisture, reduce wrinkles and make it supple. (1)
- Reduce wrinkles & fine lines: Vitamin C housed in mango provides antioxidant properties, which guards your skin from damaging free radicals. External factors like harmful sun rays, pollution and climate change can damage your skin resulting in wrinkles. Topically applying mango face mask, which is packed with vitamin C can save your skin from these harmful radicals.
- Moisturizes your dry patches: Most chronic skin diseases are associated with dry itchy patches. Vitamin A in mango exhibits moisturizing and rejuvenating properties. You can also use this mask as a body or face scrub. Potassium makes dry skin smooth and supple.
- Exfoliates your skin: Every day our skin drops millions of dead cells. Along with other impurities they get piled over your skin blocking pores. Alpha hydroxy acids in this face mask will help to exfoliate dead cells. (2)
1. Mango Face Mask
As mentioned above, to increase effectiveness of this mask you can add other ingredients. So, initially let’s start with exfoliating the skin.
- Peel 1 ripe mango and collect its pulp in a clean bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of raw milk and 1 tbsp of sugar.
- After mixing thoroughly and scrub over your face. After 15 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
You can use this face scrub on the whole body.
2. Mango Face Mask for Acne
Research concludes that acne is mainly caused by inflammation and the bacteria invade to worsen the situation. Due to inflammation excess oil is secreted by your skin that gets clogged at skin pores along with dead cells resulting in blackheads, which will soon turn to acne.
Mix honey and yogurt to ripped mango pulp to make it effective to treat acne. As honey is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, it can easily reduce acne inflammation and fasten healing process. Moisturizing elements in mango helps to hydrate the skin from the outside. And yogurt softens the skin and reduces acne.
Regularly using mango, honey and yogurt face mask will treat acne and fade acne scars to some extent.
- Take 1 tbsp of mango pulp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 1 tbsp
Raw honey has abundant nutrients compared to refined honey. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and keep it aside. Meanwhile, wash your acne blemishes with lukewarm water or expose them to steam. So that acne bumps open up.
Now, apply the mixed mango mask over acne blemishes. Leave it for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off.
3. Mango Face Mask for Skin Lightening
Alarming levels of pollution and dirt, which gets accumulated over the face, leave dark spots on it. Excess exposure to sun rays increase melanin production that makes your skin dark.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of mango pulp in a clean bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp of gram flour to the bowl.
- Wash your face thoroughly and pat dry before applying this face mask.
- Leave the mask to react for 15-20 minutes, and then wipe the mask with a wet cloth.
- Later rinse it off.
Along with mango face mask, I recommend to take nutritional diet and to stay away from such external factors that can damage your skin.
Note: Avoid allergic ingredients in your face mask recipe, in case of infection consult dermatologist.