Along with intense green color and exotic taste, kiwi fruit is renowned for its exceptional nutritional benefits. Also known as Chinese gooseberry, you can use kiwi fruit for skin whitening. This fruit is brought to New Zealand in 20th century for cultivation. (1) It got its name after kiwi bird.
Packed with high nutrients and low calories, kiwi fruit takes irreplaceable place as a nutritional diet. Like honey you can either consume or spread it over your face by making kiwi face mask. Before discussing the recipe, let’s check out the benefits of this fruit face mask for skin.
- According to Medicalnewstoday.com, studies concluded that taking plant food like kiwi fruit as a diet can reduce obesity and heart diseases. (2)
- Percentage of vitamin C in kiwi fruit face mask is higher than in any other fruits. Vitamin C exhibits antioxidant properties, which restrains free radicals from damaging skin.
- Collagen, which plays a vital role in cell building and firmness of skin, is dependent on vitamin C.
- Fuzzy fiber in kiwis throws toxins from intestinal tract and improves functioning of digestive system.
- Also vitamin E housed in this fruit has antioxidant properties, which reduce inflammation and stimulates fast healing.
- Vitamin K helps reduce dark circles under eyes. Traces of vitamin A in kiwis trigger cell repair and remove dark spots from face.
- Black seeds in kiwis have omega 3 oils, which is great for skin. Alpha hydroxy acids treat acne and postpone aging wrinkles.
With its alluring taste kiwi fruit is stuffed with unmatched nutrients, which benefits your skin.
Kiwi Face Mask Recipes
These nutrients listed above makes kiwi face pack to exfoliate and hydrate your skin. Kiwi face mask for acne prone skin can be topically applied 3-4 times a week. For dry skin use it once in a week and follow up with a moisturizer. Add this innate face pack to your beauty regimen.
1. Kiwi Fruit for Skin Whitening
For a flawless skin, beauty experts recommend internal consumption of nutritious diet along with its topical application.
Homemade kiwi face mask helps to exfoliate impurities and dead cells from the skin. Other factors like UV rays, unhealthy diet and dry patches lead to dark spots or hyperpigmentation.
Vitamins and minerals in this face pack will penetrate deep into the skin and enhance overall functioning.
Note: Repeated application of this face mask may not turn your skin fair. But, it will remove impurities and helps to obtain natural glow on your face.
Vitamin C as mentioned helps to fade wrinkles and antioxidants thwart cell damaging free radicals.
To make it more effective, blend lemon with kiwi face pack.
- Peel kiwi fruit and slice into small pieces.
- Grind the pulp into smooth paste.
- Add few drops of lemon juice to it and mix thoroughly.
- Now, wash your face and apply this homemade face mask.
You can replace lemon juice (if you’ve sensitive skin) with almond oil or olive oil.
Topical application, internal consumption and staying peace will help to obtain glowing skin.
2. Kiwi and Yogurt Face Mask to Remove Dead Cells
- Kiwifruit – 1
- Plain Yogurt – 1 tbsp
- Virgin Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Stuffed with zinc, lactic acid and other essential nutrients, yogurt can treat acne; remove dark spots, sheds dead cells and moisturizer the skin. Olive oil is an excellent moisturizer and protects you from harmful UV rays.
Puree kiwifruit in a bowl, and then add 1 tbsp of plain yogurt (unsweetened) and 1 tbsp of olive oil to it. Mix it thoroughly and refrigerate it. Meanwhile, prepare your face for the natural spa treatment by washing your face and then pat dry. Topically apply the face mask on your face in circular motion. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse if off.
To enhance kiwi fruit face mask effect, wash your face with lukewarm water, so that pores open up and the nutrients in face pack sink into pores.
3. Lemon, Honey and Kiwi Face Mask for Acne
Here come all natural and acne effective ingredients. Anyhow, people with dry skin should limit the use of lemon juice, as it dries your skin. Honey with its unmatched nutrients can be an excellent remedy for acne.
- Ripe kiwifruit
- Lemon juice
- Raw honey – 1 tbsp
Mix all listed ingredients in a clean bowl. Prepare your face by washing it with warm water or exposing it to steam. Pat dry and apply the face mask with clean fingers in circular motion. Avoid squeezing pimples, but remember to apply thick layer over them. Leave it for few minutes or till the face mask dries, then slowing rinse using water.
Recommended: Lemon and honey face mask
As a conditioner apply jojoba oil when the skin is still damp.
4. Avocado and Kiwi Face Mask for Wrinkles
Vitamin A, B and C in Avocado tighten the skin and remove wrinkles. Mix it with Kiwifruit and its turns out to be an anti-aging face mask.
Take pureed avocado and kiwi in a bowl. Optionally add manuka honey to it. Topically spread over the face and let it settle for about 15 minutes and rinse it off with water.
This is how easily you can make your own kiwi fruit face mask at home by adding different ingredients.