Forehead acne is common and most people have them at their adolescence age. People with pimples on forehead feel miserable, as it ruins appearance and come with pus. There are many pricey products to reduce these red bumps on your face and forehead, which takes time and sometimes can have side effects. Or you can try simple home remedies to treat acne on forehead.
Natural medicine kills bacteria, reduces inflammation and improves resilience of the skin.
Before spilling out those effective natural remedies let us write few words on causes of forehead acne.
Causes or triggers may differ from person to person but at the end common thing is they block skin pores. More oil (sebum) is produced by sebaceous gland which gets clogged at pores along with dead skin cells. Natural bacteria in our body need no oxygen and when pores gets clogged with oil these bacteria starts infecting resulting in inflammation and pus.
So it’s best to prevent excess oil pumping through home remedies, in breakout cases where pimples or acne marks flare up, these below mentioned natural remedies will help to wipe out those red bumps.
Natural Home Remedies for Forehead Pimples or Acne
Though there are bunch of natural medicines to treat forehead acne we short list 5 effective remedies. First remedy is to exfoliate and cleanse skin either with home made scrubs or through products.
1. Raw Honey
Bees while making honey adds an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide, this makes honey antibacterial. Honey is been used as a natural remedy to treat various diseases from ancient times. Next time you see a honey bottle drop it your cart.
Honey can be used both externally and internally (by consuming it).
- Apply honey on affected area using a cotton ball.
- Wash it after half-an-hour with lukewarm water.
Cinnamon and honey mixture works great to slow down swelling of pimples.
This powerful herb is filled with manganese, copper and vitamin C. Oil extracted from peppermint helps to stop bacterial growth. This essential oil can be used in beverages, foods, cosmetic products and for treating skin diseases.
- Get few peppermint leaves and crush to attract its juice.
- After applying it on affected part, leave it for about 10 minutes and wash it with cold water.
You can get peppermint essential oil instead.
Related post: Diet for dry skin
Cucumber which belongs to melons family has a bunch of health benefits. 95% of cucumber consists of water which helps body to hydrate and eliminate toxins. It has rich amount of vitamin K, vitamin C, biotin and vitamin B.
- Grind cucumber to make a face mask, apply it on face and rinse it off after 20 minutes with cold water.
- Else, soak sliced pieces of cucumber in water for about an hour and then drink that water or use it to wash your face. (Nutrients and vitamins in cucumber get transferred to water)
- You can also eat it a sliced cucumber.
Papayas are rich sources of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, copper, vitamin C vitamin B, potassium and magnesium. This antioxidant helps to reduce inflammation and redness of pimples.
- Crush few pieces of papaya to extract its juice.
- Now apply it on your flare-ups and rinse it off after few minutes.
5. Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
ACV is a type of vinegar which can be used topically (on top of skin) to prevent various skin infections. Many doctors use ACV as antiseptic for infections. It’s also used in foods.
- You can take it orally or apply few drops of apple cider vinegar on affected part.
- Within few weeks you can see the change.
Related: Apple cider vinegar to remove mole
Few more natural remedies include tea tree oil, boswallia, witch hazel, lemon oil, mandarin oil, lavender oil, coconut oil for acne and aloe vera.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your comments below and help us improve.