Media promoted cosmetic items fail to fulfill their claims, some result in negative effects, while others are beyond your budget. Fortunately, you’ve grapeseed oil for skin lightening.
This carrier oil is extracted from a variety of grape seeds and is prominent in aromatherapy. Exceptional nutrients in this natural oil make it perfect ingredient for flawless skin.
It may sound oxymoron to use oil for skin lightening. Most people normally, use creams, face mask and chemical peels for radiant skin.
However, regular use of these chemically incorporated products may irritate your skin and make it look dull.
Natural oils like grapeseed oil can efficiently cleanse impurities and provide your skin with essential nutrients.
Is Grapeseed Oil Good for Skin?
Your beauty regimen should be able to treat all ailments and at the same time must make your skin radiant.
Renowned nutrients like fatty acids, vitamins and minerals are housed in this odorless oil, which has the ability to make your skin supple.
- Vitamin C and E packed in this oil lightens the appearance of scars, dark spots and protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
- The astringent ability of this carrier oil helps to shrink large skin pores and makes the skin firm.
- Linoleic acid exhibits anti-inflammatory ability that helps to reduce chronic skin ailments like eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
- Essential fatty acids residing in it hydrates your dry skin and help to rebuild cell membrane.
- Vitamin C enhances collagen production and helps to improve the elasticity of the skin.
- Antioxidant agents in grapeseed oil thwart free radicals and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Skin lightening properties of vitamin C help to improve your skin texture and its complexion.
- Grapeseed oil consists of polyphenols, which are a group of antioxidants. A study state that topical application of polyphenols can help to hydrate, rebuild new skin cells and protect skin from UV rays. (1)
- Assorted properties of this carrier oil bring your dull skin to life and reduce the appearance of dark spots and dark circles.
- Nutrients in it can effectively treat acne and other ailments as listed above. (2)
How to Use Grapeseed Oil for Skin Lightening?
Due to its alluring benefits, cosmetic industries started including this innate ingredient to their beauty products. Anyway, to reap its nutritional benefits, you need not take those pricey items.
Instead, you can directly apply this oil over the skin and wait for it to work.
#1 Grapeseed Oil
- Cleanse your face to remove impurities and dead cells. You can use gram flour mask to cleanse or distilled water.
- Pat dry with a soft cloth and take the required amount of grapeseed oil to your left and apply it on the face evenly.
- Massage gently and leave it to dry naturally.
#2 Argan Oil and Grapeseed Oil
Nutrients in argan oil are renowned to hydrate dry skin, reduce fine lines, protect skin from UV rays, stimulate cell regeneration and thwart free radicals.
To make it more effective, beauty experts recommend blending grapeseed oil with argan oil.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil with 3 tablespoons of argan oil.
- Optionally add 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil to the above mixture.
- Wash your face and apply this homemade mask evenly.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse it off with water.
#3 Grapeseed Oil, Lemon, and Honey
Bleaching property of lemon juice lightens the appearance of dark spots and scars. It’s antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties restrain ailments, whereas its astringent ability makes the skin firm.
Raw honey is prominent for healing abilities. Exceptional nutrients in this home available ingredient can treat health and skin ailments. It locks moisture over your face and improves your skin complexion.
- Take 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and 1 tablespoon of raw honey to it.
- Also, add few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Mix thoroughly and apply the mask over prewashed face.
- Excess use of lemon juice may irritate your skin, so limit its use if you’ve sensitive skin.
- Or at least apply wear sunscreen cream while going out.
#4 Avocado, Honey and Grapeseed Oil for Skin Whitening
Apart from being a nutritious food, avocado has many cosmetic benefits.
Oleic acid housed in avocado help to hydrate the skin, fasten the healing process and it also exhibits antioxidant activity. Topical application of this mask will enhance collagen production, soothe inflamed skin, thwarts free radicals, reduce wrinkles and improve skin complexion.
- Mash ½ ripe avocado into a smooth
- And mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey to it.
- Also, add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and mix well.
- Apply the mask over prewashed face and leave it to dry naturally. (3)
#5 Grapeseed Oil for Oily Skin
Excess accumulated over the face must be cleaned, without which you can’t make your skin supple.
Blend grapeseed oil with sea salt.
- Take 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and mix 1 tablespoon of sea salt to it.
- Mix thoroughly and apply it over prewashed face.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse it off with water.
Sea salt avoids blocking of skin pores and improves blood circulation.
Grapeseed Oil for Exfoliating
Exfoliating helps to remove dead cells, impurities, and pollutants off the skin. If you’re not exfoliating, then your skin becomes dull and rough.
Regular exfoliating is one of the vital beauty regimens; it improves blood circulation and restrain infection. (4)
- Mix 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in a bowl.
- After mixing thoroughly apply it over the face.
- Gently massage while applying the mask.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15 minutes and then wipe it off using a warm towel.
- You can rinse it off with water after this.
- Optionally, along with brown sugar, you can add ½ tablespoon of almond oil to this mask.
Brown sugar is known for its exfoliating properties. It is said to absorb moisture from the environment and locks it over the skin. It is one of the best ingredients to remove impurities.
Tips on Using Grapeseed Oil for Skin Lightening
- Grapeseed oil can’t last long. So, make it in small quantities.
- Patch test before applying this face mask.
- If you experience an allergic reaction, then stop using it immediately and consult your physician.
- Women who’re pregnant must consult a doctor before apply it over the face.
- Drink enough water and include vitamin rich diet.
- Avoid sunlight and long exposure to the computer
- Beauty creams that include harmful ingredients must be avoided.