You tried many media promoted creams, but did you ever check your kitchen? You won’t believe the benefits of gram flour for acne. Dig into the article to reveal the facts.
Cosmetic products are been endorsed by celebrities and models, whereas our grannies extol the benefits of home available remedies.
When you’ve a glance at anecdotal reports, it shows that beauty products can steal the natural moisture from the skin, but natural ingredients fill your skin with essential nutrients.
Gram flour or chickpea flour has got prominent role in Indian culture. Not just for making fritters, brides apply the mask to exfoliate accumulated impurities.
Acne is the most common skin disorder seen in teenagers and adults, expert hold inflammation, hormonal imbalance and impurities as main triggers. Seeing the demand, cosmetic industries started manufacturing different anti-acne products.
But, these products are filled with chemical preservatives and refined natural ingredients, which can irritant your sensitive skin and ruin your physical appearance on the long run. (1)
Gram Flour for Acne
There are no chemical ingredients in case of gram or besan flour, because you’re the one who is manufacturing it. Don’t worry you don’t have to setup a company for that. Spare few minutes in the morning and you’ll have a natural face mask to treat acne.
Let me throw some light on its nutritional benefits.
- Besan or gram flour face mask is prominent to remove impurities, excess sebum and dead cells from the skin.
- It makes your skin firm and smooth.
- As mentioned, acne is mainly caused due to excess sebum and dead cells. Using gram flour twice or thrice in a week will remove the piled impurities, thus restraining acne lesions.
- Apart from this, chickpea flour can avoid other chronic skin ailments.
- It absorbs excess sebum and thwarts acne causing bacteria with its antimicrobial properties.
- Continuous use of this face mask will lighten dark spots and improve our skin texture.
If you’ve extremely dry skin, blend some essential oil like olive oil or honey to make the face mask effective. Depending on your skin type you can mix other natural remedies.
Also read: Carrot seed oil for acne
How to Use Gram Flour for Treating Acne?
Normal and oily skin people can directly mix some distilled water or rosewater to gram flour and topically apply over the face. You can densely apply the mask over pimples as a spot treatment.
For smooth skin, add some yogurt replacing rosewater.
Dry skin people; blend some cucumber juice to gram flour. To make it more effective add a pinch of turmeric powder and honey. Honey is known for its healing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Add some lemon juice to lighten dark spots. However, people with dry skin must stay away from its excess use.
- Take 2 tablespoon of gram flour powder in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of milk and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- After mixing thoroughly, keep the bowl aside.
- Prepare yourself for the homemade face mask treatment by washing your face with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry with cloth and apply the mask evenly all over the face. Mix milk or honey if required.
- Leave the mask to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the face mask with water.
Optionally, apply natural moisturizer like jojoba oil or rosemary oil regularly before going to bed.
Gram flour for acne works effectively, when you support the ingredient by consuming vitamin rich diet. Drinking lots of water, taking enough sleep and avoiding chemical creams must be included in this home acne treatment.
Note: Home remedies aren’t backed with scientific evidence, so you patch test before trying these recipes.