Come out of those media promoted cosmetic products and try carrot seed oil for acne. See how your skin will be happy for the choice
When I see a pimple, at once I think about an anti-acne cream. Same goes with most of us. Isn’t it?
Most acne affected people never consider natural remedies as effective at treating skin ailments. We’re not to be blamed for this state of mind. Alluring advertising campaigns by media are the one who changed our mind.
Carrot seed oil is known for its healing and anti-aging properties right from ancient times. Natural ability of this oil can reduce various chronic ailments include acne, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis. It’s prominent for fading wrinkles and can make the skin radiant.
It’s a known fact that acne is the most common skin disorder in the world. Including teenagers many adults carry these lesions, though it’s not associated with any healthy issue it can be a great threat to social life. Severe acne blemishes however are dangerous and need immediate medical attention.
How to Use Carrot Seed Oil for Acne?
You may wonder about the source of this essential oil. Carrot seed oil is derived from dried seeds of wild carrot. The oil is obtained through steam distillation process.
Like other natural essential oils, carrot seed essential oil is packed with exceptional nutritional properties. These agents can improve your overall health and skin functioning. Dawn Michelle of Minimalistbeauty.com in her post shared that you can use this oil to promote healthy hair.
So this ingredient is going to be a magical remedy to enhance your overall beauty.
For now, let’s focus on its uses for skin.
- Moisturizing activity of this oil is renowned. Your skin is surrounded by natural oil which gets striped by repeated use of chemical soaps and creams. Topical application of carrot seed oil will hydrate the skin and helps to get rid of dry skin.
- Dead skin cells and excess sebum piled over the skin pores can be removed by massaging with the oil. It rejuvenates the skin and promotes cell regeneration.
- Antiseptic and antiviral activity of the oil restrains infectious germs and fastens the healing process of acne blemishes.
- Antioxidant agents fight free radicals that damage the cell membrane and help to get rid of premature aging wrinkles.
- Vitamin C and other assorted nutrients enhance collagen production and make the skin supple.
You’re advised to blend this essential oil with carrier oil before applying it over the skin.
- Remove impurities and dead cells accumulated over the skin by cleansing. I recommend using gram flour mask to remove these impurities. Add some rosewater to gram flour and apply over the face.
- Else wash the face with lukewarm water to open the blocked skin pores.
- After cleansing, pat dry with soft cloth.
- Blend 2 table spoon of carrot seed oil with 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and mix thoroughly.
- Using cotton swab or clean fingers apply the oil mixture over the face evenly.
- Leave it to dry naturally or wait for 20 minutes to rinse it off with water.
It’s not an ad, so don’t expect overnight results. Above mentioned vitamins and minerals in the oil will penetrate deep into the skin with the help of jojoba oil and start affecting. Repeated use of this natural remedy will not only treat acne but can lighten the appearance of acne scars.
If you don’t have jojoba oil, use coconut oil or olive oil. Mercola.com says to mix 3 drops of carrot seed oil in water and drink to improve healing and digestive issues. However, they recommend consulting doctor before processing to take it orally.
Note: Pregnant women are advised to consult doctor before using carrot seed oil.
Did you ever try this woody smelling carrot seed oil to treat acne? Share your experience with us.