Baking soda aka sodium bicarbonate is a common household item used for cleaning and baking. Also, baking soda refrain odor causing bacteria from clothes. This is why several detergents advertisers promote that they use baking soda.
In the same way it can treat body odor by refraining bacteria which feed on fats and proteins present in sweat.
Read: What causes body odor?
Though sweat secreted by sweat glands is odorless, bacteria feed on them to release unpleasant smell.
How to Use Baking Soda to Treat Body Odor?
- Get fresh baking soda from a local store. Mix it with water and apply the paste on odor causing areas like under arms, foot and in groin areas.
- After leaving it for about 3 to 4 minutes rinse it off.
- If you want to give baking soda treatment to your complete body, then mix 1/2 cup of baking soda in bath tub.
- To extend odorless hours, sprinkle baking soda powder mixed with other baby powder (for fragrance) under arms. Let it be for 5 minutes before you wear clothes, else it leaves white marks on your clothes.
- To treat foot odor, add 4 tbsp of baking soda in 4 cups of warm water and soak your feet in the solution.
Note: Baking soda may burn, so test before trying.
To uproot body odor avoid foods which causes odor.