Your skin is most exposed part of your body and increasing pollution and impurities accumulate over your face. If you don’t cleanse them, they’re going to gift you dark spots at different places on your face.
Stop thinking about cosmetic facial cleansers, as they either include refined ingredients or chemical filled elements. They do more harm than good to your skin.
Apple cider vinegar for skin whitening is a natural remedy that can effectively cleanse your face and kill bacterial infection. Other assorted nutrients in this ingredient can enhance healthy functioning of your skin.
Vinegar has got prominent role in salads and foods. Not just taste but it also adds extra nutrients to your diet. Anyhow, it’s not recommended to consume apple cider vinegar straight. Acidic property in it can damage tooth enamel and esophagus.
Apart from being delicious and nutritious food for your health, ACV can soothe your skin and thwart infectious bacteria. Hippocrates started using vinegar to clean and heal wounds from thousands years back. Anecdotal reports claim that topical application of vinegar can treat acne blemishes, flu and warts. (1)
Every one yearn to have glowing skin, but as your skin sheds millions of dead cells every day and other impurities piled over the skin leaves dark spots you must externally use cleansers to wipe them off.
Another cause of hyperpigmentation is excess exposure to sunlight; melanin is the pigment responsible for your skin color. When your skin heavily exposed to harmful UV rays, melanin multiplies making the skin look dark.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Acidic elements in ACV will help you to wipe the impurities off the face. These impurities if not removed will block your skin pores and lead to acne blemishes and dark spots.
- Antioxidant properties eliminate free radicals that can damage cell membrane.
- Acetic acid is the active ingredient in vinegar; it exhibits antimicrobial properties to kill bacterial infection.
- Glycol residing in ACV will make your skin clean and improve overall texture.
- Alpha hydroxy acids in ACV will effectively shed dead cells over the skin.
- Regular use of vinegar can reduce excess production of sebum and prevent pimples.
- Vitamins and minerals housed in ACV will reduce aging wrinkles and make it glow naturally.
- Helps to maintain pH level of the skin.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Whitening?
As mentioned above, it’s not recommended to directly apply the vinegar over the face. Dilute it with other ingredients and evenly massage over the face.
There are varied ingredients which can be added to apple cider vinegar to make your skin lightening. Few of them are discussed below.
- Blend apple cider vinegar with equal quantity of water. Dip cotton ball and wipe over the face to remove impurities. Leave the mask for 15-20 minutes then rinse it off.
- To exfoliate add 1 tea spoon of ACV and 3 teaspoons of distilled water. Optionally, add baking soda and lemon juice in little quantity. These ingredients may irritate your sensitive skin, so patch test before trying it over your face.
- Dry skin people are advised to dilute the vinegar solution with excess water. It’s better to mix 3 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of ACV at initial stages. Excess solution can be stored in glass container.
- You can replace distilled water with herbal tea. Brew herbal tea and add 1teaspoon of ACV to it.
While taking ACV see for “mother of vinegar” on the bottle. This denotes the vinegar is organic and has all nutritional values. Other ingredients that you can mix with ACV are lavender oil, tea tree oil or coconut oil.
Unlike chemical filled creams natural ingredients will take longer time and last longer. So, don’t expect bright skin overnight, add apple cider vinegar to your beauty regimen for skin whitening.
Note: Just applying this solution is not enough; I recommend you to practice a healthy lifestyle by consuming vitamin rich diet and drink more water.