You might notice lines over your back, knees and on shoulders. Medically, these streaks are known as striae distensae and popularly known as stretch marks.
Stretch marks are common and are not associated with any serious health hazard. Anyhow, people out of cosmetic concern try different natural remedies like aloe, honey, cucumber and almond oil for treating stretch marks.
There is a bad news for you. According to medical experts stretch marks can’t be treated completely. However, you can fade their appearance with regular topical application of natural or steroid creams.
Based on studies when your skin stretches beyond its ability, the elastic fibers of dermis layer break at different points. Along with slight inflammation, red linear lines appear over the skin which will be turned into white lines as the time passes. There are many causes of stretch marks, gaining or losing weight being most common cause of striae.
Almond Oil for Stretch Marks
You’ll find many home available remedies to fade stretch marks when you check innate ingredients aisle. But, unfortunately none of them are backed by a scientific research. However, beauty experts recommend almond oil and other natural ingredients for cosmetic purpose.
Almond oil has been used from centuries as a beauty product. Its exceptional nutrients soothe your scars and enhance elasticity. Cosmetic industries incorporate almond oil in their creams; by this you can estimate its nutritional power.
- Vitamin E in almond oil: Experts say that vitamin E penetrates into deeper layer of dermis and stimulate healing by cell regeneration. It also improves elasticity of the skin and prevents further stretch marks.
- Vitamin K: Even vitamin K helps to soothe skin and fastens healing process. Topically applying it will treat bruises, spider veins, burns and stretch marks.
- Moisturizing: Your skin becomes dry when it gets exposed to impurities and harsh creams. Almond oil hydrates your skin and avoids dry patches.
- Antioxidants: Vitamin E exhibits antioxidant activity, which thwarts free radicals damaging your cell.
- Its anti-inflammatory property reduces inflammation caused due to acne, stretch marks and injuries.
Rub almond oil on stretch marks
Its nutritional profile is enticing, isn’t it?
To reap all these nutrients for your skin, experts recommend organic or pure almond oil. You can get it from local market or through online.
- Wash your stretch marks with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Take required amount of almond oil in your palm and start rubbing over stretch marks.
- As it has no chemical ingredients, you don’t have to wash it. Best time is to apply it before going to bed.
- Alternatively you can mix rosemary oil or other essential oil to almond oil.
Almond oil, jojoba oil and vitamin E oil for stretch marks
If you’ve persistent streaks, mix 8 tbsp of almond oil and jojoba oil with 2 tbsp of vitamin E oil. Also add 1/2 cup sugar.
After mixing them thoroughly, apply over prewashed stretch marks. Don’t expect instant results, natural remedies take time to show positive results.
Topically applying almond oil during pregnancy can help you to prevent stretch marks. As nutrients in this oil will improves your skin’s elasticity and avoids breakage.
Note: Consult your doctor before using it.